PRIVACY & SECURITY
BEARPAW Website Privacy Statement: This document was last updated on June 1, 2021.
1. Acknowledgment and acceptance of terms
BEARPAW is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing bearpaw.com, you acknowledge and fully understand BEARPAW's Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in BEARPAW services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
BEARPAW collects certain information from and about its users three ways: Directly from our customers, Web Server logs, and with Cookies as described below:
Use of your personal data collected via ordering products on our website or signing-up for our Email lists is for private use only. We do not sell, rent or in any other way distribute this information to other companies or marketing agencies.
Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
We use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience. Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
If you prefer to disable Cookies on your computer, you can visit this site http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ which can provide you with valuable information to assist you with the process.
BEARPAW uses the concept of remarketing - an advertising strategy that allows us to show ads to users who have previously visited our website as they browse other sites on the Internet. The goal is to leverage the user’s previous displayed interest to increase the likelihood that they will come back and purchase. This is accomplished by an ad network – for example Google AdWords by placing an anonymous cookie on your computer so that future ads can be offered to you based upon your previous activities on our website.
Wait, Isn’t That A Little Creepy?
Remarketing isn’t about spamming or stalking prospects. Instead, it’s about selectively targeting users who have previously demonstrated an interest in BEARPAW products with related ads. Remember, we’re not sharing any of your behavior or personal information with anyone – ever.
5. Mailing Address/Email/Telephone use
If you supply us with your postal address, telephone number and/or email address on-line you may receive periodic contact from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please let us know by contacting us in one of the ways listed below.
How to Remove your Name from Our Mailing or Email List:
- You may send an email to - email@example.com
- You may send mail to the following address:
BEARPAW Ecommerce Customer Service, 7524 Old Auburn Rd., Citrus Heights, CA 95610
- You may call the following telephone number: 1-855-651-1771
- All emails that we send you offer an “opt out” or “unsubscribe” option included in the email itself
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the personal information you input, and storing your information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside our network. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
7. Do California Residents have Specific Privacy Rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
- Identifiers: Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute: Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information
- Commercial information: Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information
- Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements
- Geolocation data: Device location
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
8. Changes to this Statement
BEARPAW has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number, The DMA's Committee on Ethical Business Practices at firstname.lastname@example.org, state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau, state or local consumer protection office, The Federal Trade Commission by phone at 202.FTC-HELP (202.382.4357) or electronically at http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.htm