- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” refers to the promotional event sponsored by Bearpaw (Romeo & Juliette, Inc. d/b/a Bearpaw) which is open to entrants during the Sweepstakes Period mentioned below wherein one (1) individual will be selected as a winner of the Prize mentioned below) is open only to those who enter the sweepstakes by submitting their names at www.bearpaw.com and by follow steps on Sponsor’s (hereinafter Bearpaw shall be referred to as “Sponsor”) social media handles. Entrants must be 21 years of age as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees ofSponsor, Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC (“Universal”), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Terms & Conditions: By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Terms & Conditions (“Terms & Conditions” refers to any conditions or requirements set forth in this document, or any other conditions or requirement published by Sponsor concerning this Sweepstakes), and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on August 16, 2019 running through October 1, 2019.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an online form experience about “Your Most Epic Adventure” at www.bearpaw.com/abominable. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or which do not adhere to the Terms & Conditions or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Terms & Conditions. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Terms & Conditions, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of SPONSOR.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) (the “Winner” refers to the entrant in the Sweepstakes who is selected as the winner of the Sweepstakes by Sponsor) of the Sweepstakes will receive up to four (4) pairs of Bearpaw footwear (Approximate Retail Value of $319.96). Additionally, Winner will receive a trip for two (2) adults and two (2) children under the age of 16 to Banff, Canada, which consists of the following:
- Round trip coach class flight (inclusive of all applicable airport taxes, fees, and duties) for up to two (2) adults and two (2) children under the age of 16 from Winner’s nearest major airport in the USA, to Calgary International Airport, Calgary, Canada.
- A standard size rental car for the duration of the trip (i.e., four (4) days total), which rental car shall include GPS navigation. Rental car is subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agency and is to be picked up and returned to Calgary International Airport, Calgary, Canada
- Three (3) nights of accommodation in a lodge hotel in Banff, Canada
- Snow tubing
- Ice skating
- Ice walking expedition with a tour guide
- Helicopter sightseeing tour
Flights may be indirect and not all routings will be available. Flight will be selected by Sponsor at their sole discretion. At least one person travelling must be over the age of 21, and that person over the age of 21 must be the parent or legal guardian of any minors traveling. Accommodation is based on two (2) adults and two (2) children under 16 sharing a quadruple occupancy room. Hotel accommodations must include a Saturday night stay, and do not include any meals, incidentals, gratuities, or telephone calls. Any other personal expenses incurred during the trip will be the responsibility of the Winner. A credit card for incidentals will be requested by the hotel at check-in and therefore at least one of the travelling party must possess and travel with a valid credit card. The prize excludes ground transportation to the airport from which Winner will depart and begin the trip, ground transportation from the airport to which Winner will return from the trip once it has concluded, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, visas and anything else not expressly included in the description of the trip herein above. All elements of the prize are subject to availability. If unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered. Accommodations will be selected by Sponsor at their sole discretion. Winner must contact Sponsor with three preferred travel dates in three separate months no later than six weeks prior to departure. Once booked, the prize cannot be amended or cancelled. All travelers will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel. Any necessary visas or insurance are the responsibility of Winner and guests. Prize cannot be taken over Christmas, New Year or Public Holidays in the departure or arrival country. Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and all travel must be completed within that time. For car rental, the named driver must be aged 21 or over, with a full clean driving license, any drivers aged 25 or under, or with less than three years’ driving experience, may need to pay a supplementary cost for car rental, a valid credit card in the name of the named driver will be required for security deposit purposes when renting the car. For the snow tubing, minimum age is 4, children under 6 must share a ring with an adult, minimum height is 42 inches. For the ice walk excursion, minimum age is 8, participants should dress in appropriate ski wear (hats, mitts and warm boots), if children are under 8, an alternative activity of equivalent value will be provided. For the helicopter tour, the minimum recommended age is 3 years old, maximum weight limits may apply and will be advised at the time of booking. Snow tubing, ice walking and ice skating are available during the winter months only, if any of the stated activities are unavailable over Winner’s chosen travel dates, then alternative activities of equivalent value will be provided.
The ARV of the trip and the Bearpaw footwear is $4,819.96. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with no guest(s), the prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. If the Winner is unable to, or elects not to, use part of the prize, Winner will forfeit that part of the prize package with no compensation or any further liability of the part of the Sponsor. If actual value of prize is lower than the stated ARV when prize is procured and fulfilled, then the difference will not be awarded. Actual value of prize trip may vary depending on Winner's point of travel origin, airfare and hotel fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Any difference between the stated ARV of the prize trip and the actual cost will be the financial responsibility of the Winner. Prize is sponsored and provided by Bearpaw, and administered by Element London Limited.
Sponsor will select one (1) winner in total. The specifics of the prize trip shall be solely determined by Sponsor and are subject to approval of Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected bya random drawing under the supervision of Sponsor. Winner will be notified within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within ten (10) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS BY WINNER (ATSPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this sweepstakes (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Sponsor, or anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this sweepstakes, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case,Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Universal, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OFTHE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Sacramento, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Terms & Conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Bearpaw, 7524 Old Auburn Road, Citrus Heights, CA 95610, Attn: Marketing. Requests must be received no later than December 22, 2019, 11:59 PM.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Romeo & Juliette, Inc., d.b.a. BEARPAW, 7524 Old Auburn Road, Citrus Heights, CA 95610, USA.